Wednesday 6 August 2014

OLD SCHOOL CORNFLAKE TART

 
There's nothing I love more than baking but sometimes there's just not enough time in the day so I decided to do a super quick, slightly cheating, cornflake tart. Yes, you read that right. Old school cornflake tart, just like you used to have in school! I had completely forgotten about this until my boyfriend mentioned it to me yesterday that he hadn't had one in forever. I was in my local supermarket before I went over to his house and I spotted a pastry case and since I had about an hour to spare I thought, why not make a super quick cornflake tart!? So I grabbed the pastry case, jam, cornflakes and golden syrup which came in super cheap at less than £4 for everything. Of course, the price will vary depending on what kind of ingredients you get and also the amount of ingredients will completely depend on personal taste also. I personally like a small amount of jam on the base and a lot of syrup and cornflakes but that's my personal preference! You can totally adapt this super quick recipe to suit you and your taste. You'll need your ingredients, a knife, a spoon and also a pan. So, here's how you do it...
 
- I placed the sweet pastry case on a clean surface.
 
- Evenly spread jam all over the bottom of the pastry case with a knife to cover it all.
 
- Place a pan over low heat and pour in your desired amount of golden syrup.
 
- Wait until the golden syrup is starting to become thinner and then add the cornflakes.
 
- Stir with a spoon for a couple of minutes to ensure that all of the cornflakes are covered in syrup.
 
- Once all covered, evenly spread the syrup covered cornflakes to the top of the tart.
 
And there you have it, A super quick and cheap old school cornflake tart.
Enjoy, I know I certainly did!
 
 
Do you have any super quick and easy recipes? Let me know!
I've put everything you need for this recipe, ingredients and utensils, in bold so if you decide you'd like to try it you won't have to search around!
Jessica xx

No comments:

Post a Comment